Police and Law Enforcement Programs, Policies and Issues
- A Policymaker's Guide to Hate Crimes (), National Criminal Justice Reference Service, Bureau of Justice Assistance, 1997.
- Hate Crime, National Criminal justice Reference Service, An online index of current publications by the US Department of Justice and links to related materials
- “Hate Crimes”, A US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs Fact Sheet, 2011
- Understanding Trends in Hate Crimes Against Immigrants and Hispanic-Americans, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs Research Briefing
- Protecting Students from Harassment and Hate Crime: A Guide for Schools, US Department of Education. This guide is intended to be printed and put in a loose leaf binder.
- Confronting the New Faces of Hate: Hate Crimes in America 2009 Hate Crimes Against Juveniles, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Responding to Hate Crimes: A Police Officer's Guide to Investigation and Prevention, International Association of Chiefs of Police
- Police Pursuit: Policies and Training, National Criminal Justice Reference Service, by Geoffrey P. Alpert, National Institute of Justice Research in Brief, May 1997
- Police Pursuit and High-Speed Driving Lawsuits, by Andrew G. Cooley, Attorney at Law, and Brock Gavery, Attorney at Law, Keating Bucklin & McCormack, Inc, Police Chief, October 2006.
- Managing Police Pursuits: Findings from the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Database
- High-speed police pursuits: dangers, dynamics, and risk reduction, FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, July 2002
- To Pursue or Not to Pursue? That Is the Question, by Nichelle A. Johnson, Municipal Lawyer, January/February 2005 MRSC Library Loan
- Vehicle Pursuits, Police Assessment Resource Center
- Keeping the Peace: Police Discretion and Mentally Ill Persons (), National Criminal Justice Reference Service, Linda A. Teplin, National Institute of Justice Journal Issue No. 244, July 2000.
- Statewide Law Enforcement/Mental Health Efforts: Strategies to Support and Sustain Local Initiatives, The Council of State Governments, Justice Center Mental Health Consensus Project, January 2013
- Victims: Special Populations, NCJRS Law Enforcement Topics
- People with Mental Illness, Gary Cordner, Problem Oriented Guides for Police, Problem Specific Guides for Police No. 40, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, 2006
- Police Approaches That Improve the Response to People with Mental Illnesses: A Focus on Victims - Melissa Reuland, Senior Research Associate, Police Executive Research Forum, Washington, D.C., and Gary J. Margolis, Ph.D., Chief of Police, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, Police Chief, November 2003
- Providing Police Services to the Deaf, Kathy Forrest, Project Manager II, Frederick County Department of Emergency Preparedness; Gene Mellin, Director, Frederick County Fire and Rescue; and Kim C. Dine, Chief of Police, Frederick, Maryland, Police Chief, July 2009
Use of Force
- Deadly Force: Issues, Risks, Dilemmas, and Solutions, by Thomas C. Frazier, Public Entity Risk Institute, PERI Symposium entitled Risk Management Issues in Law Enforcement, held in December 2002
- Equipment and Facilities: Less Than Lethal, NCJRS
- Less Lethal Options Program for Seattle Police Department - A Report with Recommendations, September 2000
- Use of Force - Law Enforcement Topics, National Criminal Justice Reference Center
- Sample Policy Documents
- Profiling, NCJRS Law Enforcement Topics
- Racial Profiling: A Police Manager's Perspective (), Russ Leach, Police Chief, Riverside CA, Public Entity Risk Institute(PERI) Symposium entitled Risk Management Issues in Law Enforcement, December 2002
- A Resource Guide on Racial Profiling Data Collection Systems, Promising Practices and Lessons Learned (), prepared by Northwestern University, November 2000 - National Criminal Justice Reference Center
- Racial Profiling, American Civil Liberties Union - The ACLU’s position in opposition to racial profiling
- Racial Profiling in an Age of Terrorism, Peter Siggins, Santa Clara University