Required Employment Posters
The administrative regulations for various state and federal employment related laws require the posting of notices to inform employees of their rights under those laws. This page provides links to files on the government sites containing posters that can be viewed and copied. This list contains the major posters required, but it is not intended to be a complete list. A good summary of the requirements and legal citations to the requirements can be found in the Washington Employment Law Deskbook, Ch. 14 Records and Notices. Seattle: Davis Wright Tremaine, 2013.
Obtaining Copies of Employment Posters
Copies of employment posters may be downloaded from the links provided on this page or the agencies may be contacted for printed copies. Copies of state required posters can be obtained from the Washington State Department of Labor: Olympia - 800-547-8367, Seattle 206-281-5470. Federal posters can be obtained from the Seattle District Office, US Department of Labor, 206-553-4482. Select the poster information option. Federal labor law posters can also be obtained from office supply catalogs which combine several posters into one and from suppliers that specialize in Human Resource information.
Washington State Department of Labor Posters
U.S. Department of Labor Posters
- Posters from U.S.Department of Labor - Listing of and links to required posters
- Employee Rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), effective 01/2009, revised 07/2009 - Federal minimum wage poster
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act, WH Publication 1420, revised 01/2009 - Your Rights under the Family Medical Leave Act of 1993; including military family leave amendments
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster (Notice Polygraph Protection Act), WH Publication 1462, 06/2003
- The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster - Equal Opportunity is the Law, U.S. Government Printing Office 1994-0-368-769 Executive Order 11246 as amended; Title VII of Civil Rights Act of 1964; Supplement to earlier versions
- 29 C.F.R. § 1601.30, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - Notices to be posted
- 29 C.F.R. § 60-1.42, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, Equal Employment Opportunity - Notices to be posted
- Americans with Disabilities Act (EEO) Poster - Equal Opportunity is the Law
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (EEO) Poster - Equal Opportunity is the Law
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (EEO) Poster - Equal Opportunity is the Law
- 29 C.F.R. § 1627.10, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Records to be made or kept on age - Notices to be posted
- Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act (EEO) Poster - Equal Opportunity is the Law
- 41 C.F.R. § 60-250.6(g), Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, Affirmative Action policy practices and procedures, Internal dissemination of policy
- Davis-Bacon Act Poster (Notice to All Workers Working on Federal or Federally Financed Construction Projects), WH Publication 1321, revised 04/2009
- Employee Rights on Government Contracts, WH Publication 1313, revised 04/2009 - Service Contract Act / Walsh-Healey Act Poster (Notice to Employees Working on Government Contracts)
- Your Rights under USERRA: the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, published 10/2008 - This Department of Labor poster explains employee rights under USERRA (the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act) and satisfies the employers obligation to notify employees of their rights under USERRA. This is a mandatory labor law poster.