The parent-child relationship is established between a child and
a man or woman by:
(1) The woman's having given birth to the child, except as otherwise provided in RCW 26.26.210 through 26.26.260;
(2) An adjudication of the person's parentage;
(3) Adoption of the child by the person;
(4) An affidavit and physician's certificate in a form prescribed by the department of health wherein the donor of eggs or surrogate gestation carrier sets forth her intent to be legally bound as the parent of a child or children born through assisted reproduction by filing the affidavit and physician's certificate with the registrar of vital statistics within ten days after the date of the child's birth pursuant to RCW 26.26.735;
(5) An unrebutted presumption of the person's parentage of the child under RCW 26.26.116;
(6) The man's having signed an acknowledgment of paternity under RCW 26.26.300 through 26.26.375, unless the acknowledgment has been rescinded or successfully challenged;
(7) The person's having consented to assisted reproduction by his or her spouse or domestic partner under RCW 26.26.700 through 26.26.730 that resulted in the birth of the child; or
(8) A valid surrogate parentage contract, under which the person asserting parentage is an intended parent of the child, as provided in RCW 26.26.210 through 26.26.260.
[2011 c 283 § 5; 2002 c 302 § 201.]
Costs -- Application -- 2011 c 283: See notes following RCW 26.26.011.